The Excel 20 Elite is ProQ’s top of the range smoker with the largest capacity (29.5kg) in the ProQ range and boasts the most advanced features to date. Suitable for grill enthusiasts of all abilities it is highly versatile and can be used for smoking, BBQ, grilling as well as roasting.
We love the flexibility of the Excel 20 Elite – it can be used either as a traditional kettle grill, or for indirect cooking (with 2 layers of grill) or as a hot smoker (again, with either 1 or 2 levels of grill). Large enough for a point end of brisket on each level the Excel 20 should be more than adequate for larger gatherings.
Built with durability in mind the Excel 20 Elite has Stainless Steel grills, door handles, clips, nuts and bolts and side handles, which come covered with high heat PVC to make them cooler to touch and easier to transport. The Elite is fully porcelain coated, with 1mm thick steel for added durability and heat retention.
The ProQ Excel20 features three vents in the base of the unit for accurate temperature control in any condition, probe thermometer eyelets and access doors fitted on each stacker for easy monitoring of food temps from the outside, and access to the fire and the waterpan.
This version of the Excel 20 comes with:
- 5 steel hangers for fish and meat
- 2 stainless steel grates for cooking
- Removable charcoal basket
- Internal temperature gauge
- Latch locking system and folding side handles for the stackers for stability and travel
- Flexible set up, can be used as a smaller kettle BBQ or extended with multiple stackers
- 4 Air vents for excellent temperature control (3 in the base and 1 in the lid)
- Large capacity porcelain coated water pan for indirect cooking
- 2 access doors for easy refilling of the water pan or adding wood chips to the fire without disassembling
- Gromlets on each stacker for monitoring meat temperatures, compatible with the most popular probes (Maverick/iGrill)
- 29.5kg/65 lbs capacity
- The unit stands at 1.20m, and is half a meter across